Business Intelligence (ΒΙ) Engineer
At Welcome we are redefining the way people travel by offering them the most personalized and complete experience. From the moment our customers step into a new destination, till they get back home, we provide them with the warmest, most informative and friendliest transfer from and to the airport or port, equip them with all the necessary products they will need during their trip (sim card, tickets etc.), connect them with hand-picked tour providers who match their trip profile for things to do during their stay, as well as stand by them for any information they need.
Welcome's model is unique in a global level and our goal is to be the unquestionable leader for the category we are creating. We are already active in 38 destinations including Athens, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, and Rome, and we keep adding 2 new destinations per month. In 2018 we served more than 500,000 travelers and we plan to surpass the 1 Million travelers in 2019.
Welcome has the highest travel customer ratings surpassing companies like Airbnb, and Uber and gathering hundreds of 5-star reviews on Reviews.io and Tripadvisor. The company also received a big financing round recently and has 75 exceptional team members all coming from international behemoths such as Expedia, Booking and others.
Our ambition is to create a truly global travel product altering once and for all the travel experience. If you feel you are one of those stellar A-players who can join our mission and help us expand Welcome in a global scale we are waiting to hear from you.
None of us is here at Welcome joined the company by chance! We deeply believe in our mission so we work relentlessly to make it happen. We often catch ourselves talking about Welcome in our life outside the office and being very passionate about its vision. We stay humble along the way, with a “pay it forward” mentality, but with big and bold goals.
About the role
We are looking for a talented and committed BI Engineer to expand our BI & Analytics team. With your ability to understand metrics, code database SQL queries, correlate and present data, you will help our Operations, Customer Service and Commercial teams to make decision and identify problems and challenges. You have a great opportunity to join a fast growing company, in a highly collaborative data-driven environment.
What you will do:
- Translate business & product needs to technical specifications
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions (ETL cron tasks, scraping tools, NLP scripts)
- Collaborate with Product teams to integrate systems
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects using our existing tools (Power BI)
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
- Develop and update technical documentation
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a Business Intelligence Analyst/ Engineer
- Strong analytical skills, with experience solving ambiguous problems using data and providing practical business insights
- Proven hands-on experience Python
- Advanced SQL programming skills as well as a solid knowledge of database structure and operation
- Knowledge of Spreadsheet tools (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Google Spreadsheets)
- Experience with BI technologies (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, ClickView)
- Desire to keep learning and growing
- Bachelor's, Master's or higher degrees in an quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics)
- Competitive salary
- An existing, well executed BI & Analytics setup
- An amazing workspace, filled with energetic and hardworking people
- The tools you need to successfully perform your daily tasks
If we got you excited and you think you have what it takes to join a young, well-funded and fast growing startup, then just hit the ‘Apply for this job’ button!