Head of Operations
At Welcome we are redefining the way people travel by offering them the most personalized and complete experience. From the moment our customers step outside the airplane till they get back home, we provide them with the warmest, most informative and friendliest transfer from and to the airport, equip them with all the necessary products they will need during their trip, as well as stand by them for any information or product they need for the duration of their stay, through our mobile application.
Although we are just a 2-years old company, we have been named "Best New Solution in Travel for 2016", have welcomed more than 60,000 travelers across 3 countries, gathered raving reviews for our level of service, and have built an exceptional in-house team with members we brought from international behemoths such as Expedia, Booking and others.
In 2017, we plan to welcome more than 200,000 travelers across 8 countries, expand our product line to create a more wholesome in-destination travel solution, and add exceptional key people to our team.
If you feel you are one of those stellar A-players who can join our mission to expand Welcome globally and create the perfect travel experience from start to finish, go ahead and apply for the position.
About the role
Welcome faces many operational challenges due to the ever-growing number of travelers and the nature of the service itself. We are looking for a very experienced candidate, who will help us improve and automate our internal processes around Welcomers (drivers) and suppliers (products or services suggested and delivered to travelers). The candidate will also help us set up overall processes and SOPs to increase the team efficiency and performance.
The position reports directly to management, and works with the Operations team which includes full-time and part-time members.
What you'll do:
- Welcomers: Automate the way we recruit, onboard and train our Welcomers in a way that it can be applied in any city and country
- Logistics Processes: Automate the way we order, report and protect physical travel items that are being delivered to the travelers, and the way we stock and manage our refill centers
- Suppliers: Improve and automate the processes to add, onboard and review a new supplier and its offerings to the Welcome network. Suppliers offer products or services (Tours, Activities etc) to the Welcome audience.
- Team: Improve internal operation procedures
- Expansion: Lead the operational set up of new Welcome locations (Welcomers + Refill Centers + Suppliers//Offerings)
The ideal candidate needs to have deep experience with operations, be extremely anal with procedures and details, and work very effectively in a fast-paced environment.
More specifically we are looking for:
- 3+ years relevant work experience. Experience is considered relevant in fields such as management consulting, operations or supply chain. If it is within a fast-paced, tech-driven environment it is highly preferred
- Strong problem solving and data analytic skills, as well as a natural talent for process improvement
- Very technically proficient and a quick learner of new technologies and apps
- Attention to detail, analytical skills and commitment to excellence
- Ability to work in an ever-changing environment and in a company that grows 4x every year
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedule
- An amazing workspace, filled with energetic and hardworking people
- The tools you need to successfully perform your daily tasks
If we got you excited and you think you have what it takes to join a young, well-funded and fast growing startup, then just hit the ‘Apply for this job’ button!